Saturday, October 9, 2010

Preparing To Meet Jesus



If each of us were to live our lives according to the Creator's purpose, we would spend every day preparing to meet Jesus. When we firstly, discover the Creator's purpose for our lives and secondly, connect that purpose with the ultimate goal of meeting Jesus, we will understand that every experience in life that transpires between the two, is full of choices. We live our lives making choices that will prepare us to meet Jesus as Lord and Savior or to meet Jesus as Judge and Conqueror. God does not ask us to calculate the infinite number of choices we make between His purpose and meeting Jesus. He does, however, expect us to believe that those choices do count in the currency exchange of "The Abundant Life." Follow this simple equation. 1 (God's purpose for my existence) + 2 (The goal to meet Jesus) = 3 (Life more abundantly, including eternal life with God, the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost). I cannot specify a number for the choices I make, but I do believe that whatever that number is, it counts. In addition, I know that my Redeemer knows that number, not only for me, but He also knows it for everyone He has created. As I prepare to meet Jesus, I am 1) Learning to Love, 2) Learning to Forgive, 3) Learning to Use My Faith, and 4) Learning to Give the Same Hope to Others. They count. Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment